Finding Soul-o

Problems. I don't know if everyone does this, but I do it and it is a talent which helps me at work and screws up my personal space. It is called overthinking. You give my a few bricks and I'll make a palace out of those, but that imagination, creativity, mind activity comes at the cost of similar applications of it, in real life.

When I work on something, the best and the most creative ideas come to me when I am dreaming. I am not even kidding here! It is the truth, I think so much about these things, maybe obsess over them and then when I sleep off, some great magic happens and in one of the 3-5 dreams i might be having that night, I find the missing piece to my puzzle. I've solved complex Fourier transforms, various business solutions and innumerable everyday problems, in my dreams.

Just imagine, if I am doing so much in my dreams, what would I be actually doing every second while I exist? I do not walk thoughtless. I am never alone. I always have these thoughts in my head, new ideas, solutions, situations etc. and this is where the problem lies. When I keep solving everything in all of this free* time that I have, I never stop and when I don't stop, these things somehow magnify their scale, inside my head. It is like solving a question of probability with infinite options due to unpredictability and predictability of the other people involved in the situation.

At times, I yearn for a little rest. I wish I could break free and live thoughtless for a while. Breathe fresh air and just run. If only, we could get all that we wanted at the time we wanted it. Sigh.

Finding the soul. Finding it solo. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today, I cannot believe in anything

Singularity - A short story (Part 1)

NaMo ya na NaMo?