Skip to main content

"I believe in the Universe and the Force"

Subject at hand:
Various people believe in different things and concepts, today I am talking about these same concepts in terms of religion and people. Essentially trying to understand how the old gods are different from the new ones (Jk).


                      


I am talking about how people define what they believe in, in terms of praying to or maybe not praying to but just believing in. The following is the breakdown of all the stuff I hear:
  1. Some believe in the religion they're born into
  2. Others go onto their path of finding religion and follow the one they connect with
  3. Some others say that it was all science and then
  4. There is this huge group which believes in 'Karma'/'The Universe'/'The Balancing Force'/'The Force' (Jedi People)
The first category can be divided into two:


                  Religious fanatics                  Conveniently religious (fanatics otherwise in this photo)
             
game of thrones drink wine alcohol booze
                      
Origin (In my case):
All of these discussions somehow turn to me because everyone I know has the same questions. It all starts with ..


"Hey, you don't drink?"
"Nope!"
"Why.. You seem like a (alcoholic) chill dude.."
"I am Islam." *insert funny accent to make it sound catchy*
"Oh. Ho ho ho! Hahahaha. So, you do smoke up right?"
"Nope!"
"Why?..Isn't that like.. allowed?"
"It is DB"
"What's that..?"
"Dharam Bhrasht" *same accent*
"Hahahahhahahah wow, that's awesome dude. " *Slyly walks away*


*A few hours later.. *
"Bro, you should drink! Why do you not drink? I mean all is chill bro. Why do you follow your religion so ..like.. tightly..?"
"These are maybe the only things I do, to keep myself tied to something."
"Why do you want to be tied to something bro.. I mean.. I believe in the universe" *mic drop*


Category 1.b.
I fall into the category 1.a. of people. I was born into a religion and I follow it as per my convenience. I cheat here and there and try and get away with it. Most of the people fall into this category, I feel. My view of the world may still be limited to the Indian outlook but I feel that most of us fit that category and that's all right because it keeps our parents happy and gives us a sense of belonging somewhat.


What I feel:
People who believe in the Universe, Karma or any kind of Force should also reside in with me i.e. in Category 1.b.


Why?
Because all of these people believe in existence of a force. A force greater than human, a force over which we can't have any control, an omnipresent concept of balance and scale...
Which is essentially the same as my concept of god ( and everyone's concept of god).
There is nothing new about this concept, it is the same as what categories 1 and 2 believe in. There is a force, a lot of people (religious folks) attach names, books, legends, figures, idols etc to it - the others (category 3 peeps) just associate this image of our galaxy to it (which is wrong as per science but well..)


Or, this photo of Yoda being Yoda and doing the dance


Jk. No one believes in that. (NOOOOOOOOO)


Coming back to the point:
So it looks like that only the science guys are the ones who have a little different view on the subject matter, which makes sense - cuz science but there's still a lot to prove for them in order to define things like 'The soul' and 'spirits' and the spirits which don't go from Conjuring.


What my point was:
I actually feel that our human minds are so socially programmed and our intellect is so very limited that we can't go beyond the regular definitions of God, even while we're trying to be a rebel (by calling it the Universe etc.). To understand an entity, such as maybe our creator (if it exists). Maybe we need to evolve and reach a level where we can actually understand it a little better and then re-define it.


Food for thought:
Maybe we need Artificial Intelligence to reach that level of enlightenment, maybe they're our only hope at understanding how it all started and how will it all end?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Startup Syndrome (Internet)

Disclaimer: This article is not to discourage or malign the ongoing internet based companies or startups. It is an opinion.  'Startup' should actually be the word of this decade. Since the start of this millenia we have seen a new buzz in the youth allover, 'Startup'. With companies ready to invest in ideas which might revolutionize the world and get them some good returns. But we've experienced the biggest wave of these after the current decade started. With the success of ongoing startups as inspiration, more and more individuals and group decided to try their hand at starting something of their own.  "Who wants to work under a boss, when you can be your own boss?" this was what I always heard from some budding entrepreneurs. Some are doing it for the drive, some for the passion, some for the adrenaline rush and some are just doing it because they want to discover. Now out of all of these startups a huge majority is inclined towards one

If one mask is torn off, then let everyone be unmasked.

S&P recently released it ‘Ratings Direct’ on India with a title –“ Will India Be The First BRIC Fallen Angel? ” The S&P which thinks of itself as the ‘Hand of God’ and it is quite true. The rating agencies like S&P, Moody’s and Fitch ( a.k.a ‘The Big Three’) control the investors sentiment and manipulate it. The investors look up to these agencies because these are considered to be most ‘reliable’ rating agencies in the  world and because of this faith ‘The Big Three’ have sustained over the years. Now is a time where everyone needs a little guidance. No one knows what is going to happen. It is too uncertain for an investor to invest anywhere. With Spain/Italy and of course Greece all in a big ‘Financial Fiasco’ (which might eventually engulf the whole of Europe), the US economy downgrading and the magical futuristic ‘Yuan’ being released from the clutches of the Dragon, the world economics is uncertain.   In such dark times the investors search for a knight

Four liners - Music and connections

While lsitening to FKJ  on repeat and talking to an old friend (who just boomeranged back into my life), I thought of how I connect with music and feel so fluid in its presence. I don't listen to music for the lyrics most of the times but just for how it makes me feel, I am generally not able to put it to words but the endvevour is to find those words and out them up in bold . While writing this and publishing this atleast 7 times, I realised how crappy the blogger app on mobile is. I am so disappointed. Sigh . Coming back, here are the two small pieces I could get through to. Drowning and gurgling  I want to drown myself in music, Feel the waves it creates inside me, Move myself through its viscous meaning, Only if I could express it as I feel it. This one is a bit special because this comes from a text that I wrote to my friend and went back to myself saying - Damn, I am like the Jawed Akhtar for this shit. Anyway, the next one is derived out of t