Skip to main content

Traveling: The Quantum Realm of travel! [3/7]

Recap: I am have been trying to solve for the issue of how to travel faster for quite sometime now, I tried to do that through Jetpacks and Teleportation. While solving for this issue, I also talk about about my experience in learning.

These are the three lessons I have covered till now:

  1. Problem solving is not about the most evident or the most innovative solutions, it is about understanding the problem the best.
  2. No, you can't magically get success the second time. It takes more tries.
  3. There is so much to learn and understand in this Universe, so get out there and explore. 

After realizing that I will probably never bridge the cost and the energy gap, required to actually Teleport, I was actually falling back to the most doable idea: The Jetpack. It was simple and the most possible and I didn't need to do any math, it seemed simple enough that I could visualize it and well.. it was doable, somehow(here).

That is the exact same time when I had a trivial incident, which changed my perspective all together. That led me to another important discussion with my flatmates regarding how some other species will actually use a completely different way of communication (partly inspired by Arrival as well). Tying it back to the topic, this is how I came onto searching about completely different way of teleportation and came across Quantum Physics.

Reading about a few concepts from there made me realise the potential of looking at solutions from a completely different perspective. The concept of 'quantum entanglement' actually solves for this problem in a completely different manner.

Quantum entanglement:
If there are two particles which are quantumly entangled with each other, then the state of one particle dictates the state of the other as well. A oversimplified example would be that if there are only two states of a fruit, it can either be an apple or a banana. So, quantum physics states that if you put two quantumly entangled substances in separate boxes, one in India and the other one in England, you wouldn't know which box has the apple and which has the banana until you open the box and the second you open the box in England and find a banana in it, the second box will automatically have an apple.

The great thing about this is that it isn't bound by the constraint of speed of light. So, even if these two boxes were at the far ends of the Universe, the second you open the box and find a Banana there, instantaneously you will find the other box to have an apple! This was an extraordinary revelation for me as the current idea of teleportation was bound by the speed of light, which limited our possible travel to only distances which are intra planetary. For interstellar travels, this was the answer. [more details on how it actually works here

New idea of teleportation:
If you were transformed into a quantumly entangled substance, then you could travel to any place in this universe almost instantaneously once the other side is also in the same state. You not being here, would imply you being there, on the other end.

The idea would work in the following manner: You will be put in a box, where your body would be transformed into a state of quantum entanglement, the second you are in the state, opening the chamber here would lead to you being teleported to the other chamber. Where you will come out as yourself, all we need to transfer to that side is the data which makes you. That would be your dna, your memories and a few other things. These can again be sent over using the same principle.

This was it. This was the fastest (instantaneous) idea on how to teleport!

Now the only two hurdles were:
1. How to actually do it - Scientists are working on it and have been successful in doing so. [here]
2. "Wait! did you say decimate me?" this led to a lot of philosophical questions which I would explore in the next article!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Startup Syndrome (Internet)

Disclaimer: This article is not to discourage or malign the ongoing internet based companies or startups. It is an opinion.  'Startup' should actually be the word of this decade. Since the start of this millenia we have seen a new buzz in the youth allover, 'Startup'. With companies ready to invest in ideas which might revolutionize the world and get them some good returns. But we've experienced the biggest wave of these after the current decade started. With the success of ongoing startups as inspiration, more and more individuals and group decided to try their hand at starting something of their own.  "Who wants to work under a boss, when you can be your own boss?" this was what I always heard from some budding entrepreneurs. Some are doing it for the drive, some for the passion, some for the adrenaline rush and some are just doing it because they want to discover. Now out of all of these startups a huge majority is inclined towards one

If one mask is torn off, then let everyone be unmasked.

S&P recently released it ‘Ratings Direct’ on India with a title –“ Will India Be The First BRIC Fallen Angel? ” The S&P which thinks of itself as the ‘Hand of God’ and it is quite true. The rating agencies like S&P, Moody’s and Fitch ( a.k.a ‘The Big Three’) control the investors sentiment and manipulate it. The investors look up to these agencies because these are considered to be most ‘reliable’ rating agencies in the  world and because of this faith ‘The Big Three’ have sustained over the years. Now is a time where everyone needs a little guidance. No one knows what is going to happen. It is too uncertain for an investor to invest anywhere. With Spain/Italy and of course Greece all in a big ‘Financial Fiasco’ (which might eventually engulf the whole of Europe), the US economy downgrading and the magical futuristic ‘Yuan’ being released from the clutches of the Dragon, the world economics is uncertain.   In such dark times the investors search for a knight

Four liners - Music and connections

While lsitening to FKJ  on repeat and talking to an old friend (who just boomeranged back into my life), I thought of how I connect with music and feel so fluid in its presence. I don't listen to music for the lyrics most of the times but just for how it makes me feel, I am generally not able to put it to words but the endvevour is to find those words and out them up in bold . While writing this and publishing this atleast 7 times, I realised how crappy the blogger app on mobile is. I am so disappointed. Sigh . Coming back, here are the two small pieces I could get through to. Drowning and gurgling  I want to drown myself in music, Feel the waves it creates inside me, Move myself through its viscous meaning, Only if I could express it as I feel it. This one is a bit special because this comes from a text that I wrote to my friend and went back to myself saying - Damn, I am like the Jawed Akhtar for this shit. Anyway, the next one is derived out of t